On Wednesday, December 2nd, 2015, Piermont voters will be asked to elect three trustees for the Dennis P. McHugh Piermont Public Library. The vote will take place at the Library, 25 Flywheel Park West. Polls will be open from 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
At present there are four known candidates for three trustee positions:
- Cynthia Crippen, an editor, who is seeking a 4th term.
- Bruce Tucker, a former CEO and musician, who is seeking a 2nd term.
- Frank Holahan, a lawyer with the New York-based firm, RivkinRadler, LLP, and a longtime Piermont resident, who is seeking a first term.
- Cara Stepanian, a lifelong educator and doctoral candidate in the Language Literacy and Learning program at Fordham, who is seeking a first term.
Any registered Piermont voter, however, may run for election as trustee. Potential candidates are required to submit a petition signed by twenty-five eligible Piermont voters. Blank petitions are available at the Library and must be returned to the Library by November 18, 2015.
Library Activity Statistics, 2014-2015
- 1,766 Piermont residents – approximately 70% – hold library cards
- 268 programs offered, with a total of 4,897 people attending and additional 480 people using our space for meetings
- 18,501 items circulated
- 19,879 visitors to the library
- New releases of adult and children’s books, movies, books on CD, magazines, ebooks, digital audiobooks, digital magazines, and downloadable music
- Access to the Ramapo Catskill Library System’s extensive resources
- Access to over 540 online continuing education classes
- Access to Rosetta Stone online language learning
- Access to digitized local history materials
Library Community Outreach
- Wide range of programs for toddlers and older children
- Monthly free film showings, followed by a discussion
- Monthly changing exhibits by local artists
- Book talks, dance performances, game nights, local history exhibits and lectures, poetry reading, bilingual story time, e-book workshop, and student art exhibitions
- Conference room availability for book clubs and other civic groups
For further information, contact Library Director, Jessica Bowen, at 845-359-4595.