- Over 1600 Piermont residents have library cards, an increase of 4% from last year.
- The library increased programs from 128 to 144, with attendance up 7.5% to 3600 people.
- Visits to the library totaled over 22,000, an increase of more than 15%.
- The library circulated 16,998 items, a substantial increase of 38% over the previous fiscal year.
- Through September of this year, 17,707 people have visited the library, up from 15,700 at the same time last year.
Library Activity 2009-2010
Posted: Mon, Nov 22, 2010
- Total holdings are now 15,571. New items are added monthly through purchase for the permanent collection of adult, teen and children’s popular and award-winning titles. New adult fiction and nonfiction are also added via our book leasing program.
- Thanks to gift and donation funds, the library was able to acquire new custom shelving and a display unit for our expanding collection.
- Weekly Toddler Story Time.
- Monthly Music Program for toddlers and young children.
- First Friday Film Series, featuring both independent and popular films.
- Art class series for elementary age children taught by Alexis Starke.
- Educational and cultural programs for children and adults, including the Piermont Friends and Neighbors series, and concerts funded by grants from the Arts Council of Rockland and the Friends of the Piermont Public Library.
- Rotating art/photography exhibits by local artists in the library’s gallery space.
- Regular meetings of three book clubs, Literacy Volunteers, the Piermont Historical Society and other civic organizations, as well as occasional meetings of the Village Board. This year, the library was the voting site for both primary and regular elections.
- Events hosted by The Friends of the Piermont Public Library, a not-for-profit civic organization, to raise funds for the library. These include a Crabfest, Wine Tasting buffet and Book Sale at the Apple Fest.